Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Great Stamp Sets for the Fourth of July




 Happy 4th of July!  Well, it’s almost the 4th.  I'm really looking forward to July because....first of all my family has a huge party which is almost like a family reunion. Second, the Stampin' Up! convention is in July and this will be my first convention.  I can't wait to go!  It's in Salt Lake City.  My hotel and airline tickets are paid for and the convention registration was free because I'm a new demonstrator.  That saved me $295.  Three days and an entire convention center full of fellow enthusiastic, stamp crazed, hard core paper artists with ink running through their veins.  Yea Baby!!

There will be classes and workshops and prizes and swaps and ideas and free stamps and.....oh my!  Is that a goose bump? 

Speaking of goosebumps, I made another card-in-a-box in honor of the Red, White and Blue.  I'm obsessed with the cards-in-a-box.  They are fun to make.  It's like paper art meets floral design.....kind of.  The only problem with my cards-in-a-box is that I make them big, and they don't want to fold, and they're hard to mail.  But that's OK because I like them big and full.  And I don't want to fold them anyway.

So here's my 4th of July card-in-a-box.  I'll tell you the supplies I used and try to explain how I did some of the things.  I really need to learn how to do tutorials.  This blogging, tutorial, idea sharing on the internet thing is new to me.  (If you click the product name it will link you to the product in case you want to check it out.)

I used Real Red card stock and stamped the outside bottom of the box with Real Red ink using the chevron looking stamp from the "Work of Art" stamp set.  Then I stamped the remainder of the outside with the small stars from "Be the Star" using Night of Navy ink.





For the flaps I layered Whisper White with the Night of Navy striped paper from the Designer Series Paper Stacks.  I also used the same paper for the back panel of the card.  The little flags are Whisper White mounted on Real Red and the stripes are strips I cut using my "Fringe Scissors" and spaced them evenly. (I just eyeballed it)  Then just attach a star on the top using a dimensional.




The assorted stars used on the card are from the "Be a Star" stamp set and then I cut them using my "Big Shot", the "Magnetic Platform" and the "Stars framelits".  By the way, if you don't have the Magnetic Platform to use with your framelits you have no idea what you're missing.



 The tassels or bursts or whatever you want to call them were made with my Fringe Scissors too.  I just cut pieces of paper most of the way down and rolled them.  Then curled them with my bone folder.  I used a glue dot to adhere a star on one of the tassel thingies.  (sorry for all the techno language)


Add a stamped, cut out star layered with a larger star to the front flap and "Ta Dah!".  I'm seeing fireworks here!  OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's a really cute card, even if I do say so myself.  Oh yea...for the star, I stamped two star images and cut the center star from one of the images and glued it to the center of the other image using my favorite thing in the world, a dimensional.  


Hope you like my card-in-a-box.  Please comment and let me know what you think.  For the rest of the week I have more cute 4th of July creations to share.  They all use these same two stamp sets.  I'll be posting them Thursday and Friday so FOLLOW MY BLOG so you don't miss them.

Have a great day!

Love, Peace, Stamps,

~Kim



1 comment:

  1. Love this card! I made one of these several years ago and never tried again, but your design might inspire me to try again :)

    ReplyDelete