Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

April Paper Pumpkin

I got my April Paper Pumpkin kit!  I was so excited.  I’ll have to admit I cheated and looked online and found someone who had already received theirs.  So I was pretty sure what it was going to be.

This kit had a lot of cute things in it.  The “plan” was to make a framed picture that could be a Mother’s Day gift if you wanted it to be.  

This is what the picture would look like if you followed the directions.  This is an actual picture of the actual picture that came with the kit.
I wasn’t too big on the heart.  It made me think of Valentine’s Day and I’m past Valentine’s Day and more into spring.  So this is what I decided to make with my kit.
I liked the contrast of the Calypso Coral heart so I decided to use Calypso Coral for two of my stamped images instead of the Pear Pizzazz that came in the kit.

I replaced the heart with two embossed butterflies from Papillon Potpourri which I colored using blending pens.

Cut them out with my butterfly punch.  Attached them with some dimensionals….and viola!  

My own little pretty personalized paper pumpkin picture.

I won't tell you how I struggled to get the dimensional picture to fit behind the glass of the picture frame until I finally read the directions that clearly stated to remove the glass.  (When all else fails, read the directions "sigh".)  Nope, that's my little secret.

What do ya think?  Do you like it?

Want to learn more about Paper Pumpkin?  Here's a link with information.




No comments:

Post a Comment