Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stampin' Up and a Sketch Challenge

My first sketch challenge!

And, with graduation approaching I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make it a card that could be given to a lucky grad.

The challenge came from: 

Challenge: SFF042514



I’ve never done a challenge before so I hope I’ve followed all the rules and included all the correct links and so on and so forth forever and ever amen.


Sketch Frenzy Friday posts a new challenge every Friday.  I liked looking through all the past challenges for ideas.  Sketches are a great way to think of new cards to make.


So here's my card:



Recognize this Designer Series Paper?  It's from Sycamore Street. It was a set that could be earned during last years Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration.  I used Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, and Pool Party classic inks and card stock.  My ribbon and button were from Sycamore Street too.  Sure took me long enough to use them, didn't it?
Stamps sets include Itty Bitty Banners and Hearts a Flutter.  Love these sets.  Hearts a Flutter is about to retire.  <sob>  Pennants were cut with Sizzlets and the Calypso Coral card stock was embossed with Textured Impressions Square Lattice.  If you haven't got yourself a Big Shot yet, you don't know what you're missing! 

If you've never used a sketch, you really should give it a try.  It's basically a blueprint for a card.  This particular card/sketch uses two colors or patterns of paper on the front of the card.  Divide the top and bottom with a ribbon, string, a strip of coordinating paper, a row of rhinestones....possibilities are endless.

Add some pennants or some other type of tags, pennants, strips of paper, embellishments along the bottom of the ribbon towards the right of the card and add a sentiment above the ribbon towards the left of the card.  Instant card!

See how they resemble?











When I'm making cards I always make at least two because the most time consuming part for me is deciding on a design.  Now that I have this design I can change it up by changing colors and the sentiment.  It could be a birthday card, thank you card.....you get the idea.


Stampin' Up! colors, coordinated papers and inks always make choosing colors so easy.  The coordinated inks and papers and the quality of their card stock is what drew me to Stampin' Up in the first place so many years ago.

I hope you found something useful on this post.  Check out Sketch Frenzy Friday's blog, try a sketch for inspiration or...make a sketch and inspire someone else!

Happy Stamping!

~Kim

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday. For you first challenge submission you did a Fantastic job! Everything was perfect as a matter of fact you went beyond and made your card for a purpose. It is the perfect Graduation/Congratulations card. The receiver will love it! Please stop by again. We would love to see what you come up with. Thanks again from all of us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete