Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Have a Purple Thumb!

No, I haven't slammed my appendage in a door!  My purple thumb is a good thing.  A purple thumb to an artist is like a green thumb to a gardener.  (And yes, I made that up myself, but I kinda like it.)

You see, I'm a teacher, and each team at our school is responsible for donating a silent auction item for our district's annual gala.  Our teams donation is a "gift card tree".  Since it was my idea, naturally, I was in charge of making the tree.  (Fun, fun, fun!!! and that's not sarcasm)

Here's what I managed to create:

I think it turned out cute.

So what does this have to do with a purple thumb?  Well, I'm a very messy paper artist.  And to make matters worse, I like being messy.  Just like a gardener doesn't mind getting dirt under her fingernails...I have no problem getting glue and ink all over my hands.

After stamping the flowers that I glued to the branches of my tree onto Melon Mambo card stock with Rich Razzleberry ink.....er.....you guessed it....my thumb was pretty much Rich Razzleberry colored.  AND I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!

Like I said in my last post, I'm a "Born Again Stamper".  And when I noticed my thumb and fingers were stained in Rich beautiful purply Razzleberry, I knew I was back!  
Ink stained hands, glue smeared jeans, a couple of those Dimensions paper thingies that you peel off stuck in my hair, and I'm a paper artist again!!  

HALLELUJAH!

I think the Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo made a great combination.  I love the Flower Shop stamp with the matching punch.  It made the flowers so easy.  I added rhinestones, because......well..... they're shiny.....and I like shiny things.  Then to dress up the (Dollar General shhhhh, don't tell) bucket, I made a quick banner with my Perfect Pennants Bigz L die.

Does anyone remember when we used to make flowers from egg cartons?  

We've come a long way baby!!!





When I was going through my embellishments I found some old Earth Elements buttons in my stash from back before I "strayed" from stamping.  I had forgotten about those colors.  I think they were replaced with Neutrals.  I definitely need to order some new buttons. Oh darn.  (snicker snicker)

No comments:

Post a Comment