Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

The New and Improved "Card in a Box"




Remember my “Card in a Box”?  

Well the more I looked at it, the more I didn’t like it.  I know my first attempt at a new type of project is never my best.
But these cards should have a WOW factor, and mine didn’t.  It was just “cool” (yawn).  And “cool” (yawn) isn’t good enough.

So I didn’t mail it…..and it sat in my studio…..and I would look at it…..and look at it…..and not mail it and look at it some more.  And the more I looked at it, the more dissatisfied I became.
Then it hit me!  Add some leaves dummy!  That would add a splash of contrast color….and flowers DO have leaves.  HELLO!!!  (V-8 smack to the head)

So I added some leaves.  And this is the result.  I think it's a huge improvement.  I'm actually going to go ahead and mail it now.  

It's going into the envelope tonight.  

A very large envelope by the way because it turned out to be a very big card.  And bulky too because I used a lot of dimensionals.  (I love dimensionals!)

So here is the end result of my first "card in a box".  Now that I've worked out the kinks and learned a few things, I can't wait to make another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment